Advanced Clinical & Sports massage is my qualification. I think this may put some potential clients off because sometimes it conjures up visions of pain and discomfort. That’s not the way I work. Pain in massage is unnecessary and it can be the brain’s way of letting us know that something’s not right.
I use a warm and heart centred approach that takes full account of all your physical and emotional needs and am committed to working alongside you to get the results you need.
The Jing Method™
I’ve been learning at The Jing School of Massage since 2008 and i’m not finished yet.
There is always opportunities to learn and refresh.
The Jing Method™ of Advanced Clinical Massage is an outcome based system for addressing chronic musculoskeletal pain through a tried and tested fusion of advanced soft tissue and massage techniques.
Effective with most types of chronic musculoskeletal pain including; back pain, sciatica, neck pain, whiplash, migraines, frozen shoulder, sports injuries, knee pain, ligament and tendon issues. As well as systemic conditions like fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and plantar fasciitis.
The method is a partnership between patient and practitioner. A treatment plan is designed to increase your mobility, agility, and joint range of motion (ROM), whilst focussing on decreasing your daily pain.
The Jing Method™ blends advanced bodywork techniques from both East and West including trigger point, fascial work, and stretching with a truly holistic approach based on the biopsychosocial model of pain and modern neuroscience.
The revolution that is The Jing Method™ was pioneered by international chronic pain experts Rachel Fairweather and Meghan Mari.
The Jing Method™ is used by massage therapists, osteopaths, physiotherapists, midwives, GPs, and those interested in a complementary health care model.
What can I expect from a Jing Method Advanced Clinical Massage?
- A warm and compassionate partner to guide you on your journey out of chronic pain
- A reduction of your pain and increase in movement in 1-6 treatments
- An individual treatment plan to address your presenting pain condition
- A fusion of advanced massage and soft tissue techniques drawn from East and West
- Tailored after care to put you in the driving seat of your recovery
In line with government guidelines on close contact work the following adjustments may be made to treatments by your therapist.
- A thorough pre-treatment consultation and assessment – via Zoom, FaceTime or over the phone – together with your therapist you will agree on your desired outcome from treatment
- A 45-60 minutes hands-on treatment
- Re-assessment of your pain levels and range of motion post treatment
- Follow-up aftercare session – via Zoom, FaceTime or over the phone – you will be given appropriate stretches / mobilisations / mindfulness or strengthening exercises to help achieve your agreed upon outcome in a timely fashion